Advocating for the District
The BID works closely with city staff and elected officials to advocate for the needs and interests of the district as a whole. Key areas and impacts include:
- Construction - Construction Updates, liaison to city, business-friendly provisions in contracts.
- Parking - Business needs on the table, parking on the Square, meters that take credit cards.
- Halloween - Now a safer, ticketed event with entertainment.
- Alcohol License Density Ordinance - BID advocacy had significant impact on ordinance.
- Safety & Quality of Life - Safety alerts, ReachOut Program, liaison with Neighborhood Officer.
For more information, see our Leveraging Your Investment
, Madison's Central BID 2004-2009.